Drug Alcohol Test
A Cocaine drug test is the method or the technique used to know the presence of cocaine in the body. The testing is done by examining various specimen of the human body like the urine, hair, saliva and even sweat.
Types of cocaine Drug Testing: The different types of testing and quantifying of the cocaine content in the human body are
Hair Testing: Hair testing is one of the effective ways of testing for the cocaine content in the human body over a long period of time. Whenever any substance enters the human body, it deposits a residue in the hair shaft, which will show its presence till the hair is cut.
Blood Testing: This is one of the expensive testing for the detection of the cocaine in the human body. This may involve a four to six day program, which may involve us to go for a special diet, regulated fluids and a final detoxifying solution.
Saliva Drug Testing: This method is a short-term procedure which can detect the drugs which are been use recently.
Urine Drug Testing: The analysis of urine is most common and inexpensive method of testing for the presence of cocaine in the human body.
Urine Testing for the Cocaine Detection: Urine testing is mostly preferred when compared to other types of tests for detecting the presence of cocaine in the human body. This is mainly because of the following factors:
· These tests are considered to be the most inexpensive tests.
· These are intrusive methods of testing.
· This test can be done at home.
Cocaine (COC) Dip strip Drug Urine Test: This test is a very simple test for detecting the cocaine content in the human body by testing the urine sample. The qualitative detection of the cocaine content is done with the benzoyelecgonine as the metabolites in the urine sample. The cutoff for the test is 300 ng/ml.
Procedure for the test:
1. Remove the test strip from its foil pouch.
2. Holding the strip vertically, carefully dip it into the specimen. Do not immerse the strip past the maximum line
3. Interpret test results at 3 to 5 minutes.
The result of the test can be interpreted by the colour bands that are visible after the test. If two colour bands are observed then the result is negative where as if only one band is visible then the tests are giving a positive result.
Detection Periods and the factors influencing the tests: The detection of the cocaine content in the human body depends upon various factors. They are
· The amount that is been taken and also the frequency of the usage.
· The metabolic rate also influences the outcome of the tests.
· The body mass also may influence the results of the tests.
· The age of the person who is undergoing the test has the influence on the tests.
· The drug tolerance levels also may vary between person to person and this variation in the tolerance will have the effect.
Detection Period: It takes approximately six to eight hours for detecting the presence of the cocaine in the urine sample. Whatever may be the effects of the above factors, the ideal time period for the clearing of benzoyelecgonine is three to five days so the urine sample collected should be not older than three days.
Urine tests for detecting of the cocaine content is certainly the most cost effective and a simple method for testing. These urine tests have made it easier for detecting the cocaine content in the body, as there are even some methods for doing the tests at the home.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/urine-testing-for-cocaine-201109.html